Weddings in Penzance have opportunities, the town itself in its current day is fairly large, busy and not perhaps the icon it was many years ago, for locals anyway. However the surrounding area of Penzance, stretching out to Lands End and the Cape, and mounts bay, Marazion and even Porthleven in the opposite direction. The options available in the town itself may be a little restricted, however using it as a base, due to the A30, Railway Main Line, Shopping facilities and most importantly ampul accommodation, could make it a idea worth considering. Some current wedding venues in and around the Penzance area include The Godolphin Arms, Lands End Hotel and Trereife House. In Penzance itself there are some 8 churches, not all traditional or operational in the true sense of a marriage ceremony, but the choice and scope of having the sea only 5 minutes away or less can be very appealing.
Penzance is the largest town in South West Cornwall, marking the end of the A30 main road through Cornwall. St Michials Mount can be seen from almost anywhere on the coastal front in Penzance and is only a five minute car journey from the Railway station. Penzance has a large shopping centre called Whalfside, and unlike many other places in Cornwall, it still has a very popular main street running along Market Jew Street. Further transport links other than Railway and main road include transport links to the Isles of Scilly from both Penzance Harbour and currently Penzance Heliport. On the outskirts of Penzance are also large supermarkets, fast food chains and other industrial estate names such as B&Q and Halfords.
“Penzance, a port and resort characterised by its 19th century granite buildings, has developed as a market town for West Cornwall, its status being promoted by becoming the western terminus of the former Great Western Railway. Buildings of note include the domed Market House (1838) at the top of Market Jew Street with the stature of Sir Humphry Davy, inventor of the miners’ safety lamp, and St John’s Hall on Alverton Street, built in the 1860’s, one of the largest granite buildings in Britain. There are two parks with sub- tropical plants off Morrab Road. Regular ferries leave Lighthouse Pier for St Mary’s in the Isles of Scilly; helicopter flights leave from the heliport off the A30 to the east of the town.” – AZ
– Lands End Hotel
– Godolphin Arms
– Trereife House